Web Developer- Full-time, permanent
|Looking for an exciting and rewarding career?
Team Idol are looking for web developers to join our agile team in Penrith.
A bit about us
theidol.com is a rapidly growing tech company based on the edge of the Lake District National Park in Cumbria. It’s the ideal setting to get out, enjoy a walk, be inspired and conceive our next innovative product or solution. We’ve been leading online innovation since 1999 and specialise in creating cutting-edge web applications and solutions for customers and businesses of all sizes.
We’re a rapidly expanding FinTech company partnering with household brands such as GoCompare and ComparetheMarket. We pride ourselves on innovation and early adoption of new technologies and working practices.
Did we also mention we were voted as a ‘Hot 100’ Cumbrian business by in-Cumbria magazine?
Being part of Team Idol means working hard and playing even harder! Come work for us and take advantage of amazing benefits such as:
· Modern, custom built office
· Flexible working hours
· Generous company pension scheme
· Share save schemes
· On site gym
· Free tea, coffee and soft drinks and fresh fruit
· Recreational activities including pool and table tennis
· Regular social events
|Working with us
As a developer, you will work within a team of other talented people building innovative and challenging solutions as part of an agile squad. Along with your team, you will be fully engaged in every aspect of the development lifecycle including planning, coding, building, testing and deploying your solutions. You’ll be an integral part of our core development team.
Along with the rest of the team, you will be responsible for:
· Implementing new ideas, solutions and infrastructure using programming languages such as: NodeJS, Vue.js, Python, Golang
· Developing and enhancing our industry leading insurance and comparison focused applications
· Applying secure coding practices and keeping up to date on emerging technologies
· Tracking your progress via the use of software development tools such as Jira and Confluence
· Managing your own workload and timescales
· Versioning and unit testing throughout the development process
· Immersing yourself in scrum and agile principles
· Collaborating with the wider team and brand partners
|Over to you
If you have a genuine enthusiasm and an ability to quickly adapt to new technologies, you may be just what we’re looking for!
This role is open to a range of people including those fresh from college/university with relevant academic qualifications but little or no experience. Evidence of self-learning or personal projects would be also be advantageous.