Cumbria Business Growth Hub can support businesses at all stages in their journey, in a number of sectors. For businesses in the food and drink industry, we have a couple of sessions coming up that could be of use to you.
On Thursday, 19th May 10am-4pm we’re holding Cumbria Business Growth Hub’s first Food & Drink Spring Expo at Rheged. Throughout the day we’ll hold food and drink workshops covering:
- Using Instagram for the Food & Drink sector.
- Writing compelling product descriptions for your website and online marketing – writing descriptions that stimulate customer’s senses. You can’t smell fresh bread on a website, but you can describe the smell…
- Using your smart phone to take photos and create videos including composition and styling your food for photography, lighting – how to light your food to make it look its best, understanding your smart phone camera, how to create a “food” video, how to edit and post your photos for social media.
We’ll then be hearing from those who have taken the plunge and launched their own food and drink business and made it a success, including:
- Elaine Remy who set-up Vie’s Jamaican Rum Cakes – Elaine will share her motivation and experience of setting up a new business and where the business is now.
- Colin Sneath, owner of A Day’s Walk, a local artisan produce delivery service – Colin will offer some insights into what retailers are looking for from local producers and also how local producer back-stories are essential to create interest and amplifying the uniqueness of their produce.
There is room for exhibition stands so if you’re interested in promote yourselves and your products please let me know. Refreshments will be provided but not lunch – you can choose to bring your own food or order from the deli or café at Rheged.
To book your place, or have any queries on the above sessions, please email [email protected].